The problems or obstacles to success begin with words.
Say the wrong thing and clients head for the door.
Relationships blow up. Production declines. Tensions escalate.
Employees lose motivation. All these happens because of the wrong use of words in our quest for success.
Words are the most powerful tool of leadership. Words
are also the most powerful tool in the pursuit of life and success.
The secret successful people and real leaders know is every word matters.
Wise words create. Foolish words destroy.
The power of words to create is only exceeded by their power to destroy. Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you, is an evil lie.
Negative words are 5x stronger than good .
Think of a creative word as one stick of dynamite and
destructive word as five sticks of dynamite.
The power of success and failure is in the tongue. The life you hate was created by the words you spoke, either to yourself or others.
Everything successful people or leaders do begins with words.
Rules to observe when talking:
1. When in doubt, stop talking.
2. Death wins when you talk carelessly: It is easier to
kill with words than give life. A friend of mine asked some clients, “What’s the most encouraging conversation you’ve had with a boss?” One person had to go back 16 years to think
3. Speak purposefully: Know why you are talking
before you talk. A few foolish words cause a world of trouble, heart-ache, and pain.
4. Correct sparingly: Every time you say, “I meant no harm,” you caused harm.
5. Affirm persistently: silly affirmations do less damage than silly corrections.
6. Listen more: Trouble awaits when you use your mouth more than your ears.
7. Think out loud in small groups.
8. People who love to talk have more problems than those who don’t.
Believe in the power of your words. Words make or break.